Monday, July 28, 2008

A big week with big news!



Well this week has been full of good news for us.

First, we got an email from Azusa Pacific University saying that Doug has been excepted as a teacher! This is such a huge accomplishment for Doug. He worked so hard through school graduating with a 4.0 for his masters (I get to brag because he's my hubby) all while working full time and being a great husband and father.

Second, we just got a phone call from Miller's lab saying that we won 1st place in the black and white category of their contest. There was over 10,000 entries so what a huge compliment to win 1st place! It's kind of funny because there is a cash prize, but it has to go to the family of the children in the picture. So how happy do you think I was that the kids in the photo are ours!?

I am just so thankful for all of this. I don't know if you ever have those times, but I can just see the hand of God working in our lives. For those of you who don't know us and our story. We went through so many hard years while Doug was in school full time and working full time. We barely ever saw him and I asked all the time "is this worth it?" Now I can see all of our sacrifices and hard work paying off. It's a good feeling :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Sweetie! You are correct, your hard work and sacrifice is paying off. God is indeed good.

Nancy said...

WOW! Praise God for his goodness!

CONGRATS all around!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Cherie and Doug!! I'm so happy for you both...God is good indeed...blessings are pouring in....

Holly Havenhill said...

So proud of you! Congrats!

BethCupitt said...

congratulations, you two! that's so awesome. all of it. you two deserve it!